God’s power, His strength is not something that can just be handed to us. It is not something that comes flippantly or easily. We don’t obtain it with passivity;we earn it through battle—by walking with God.
– John Paul Jackson
God gives you a Vision. And that Vision is almost impossible to see right now. From every angle. When everyone around you says it won’t happen. I know God can’t lie. Won’t lie.
But maybe the fault lies with me hearing it correctly?
Update 2019: Yes Oscar, the fault lay in hearing it incorrectly.
1) Wear appropriate clothes. You know – Pant, Shirt, Tie, etc. Pant held firmly by a black leather belt above the navel.
2) Sing better – reverent worship and in tune.
3) Fellowship – plenty of meeting and talking about the Bible and why Song of Solomon shouldn’t be a part of it.
4) Prayer – longer and more meaningful ie more bigger words and in shakespeare like English – which was pleasing unto God.
5) Better spirit filled times – everyone fell and spoke in tongues or learned malyalam from listening to the others.
6) Relationship with the opposite sex – boys treated girls like sisters. No hugging or kissing on the cheek, one arm distance at all times.
Brother Jack married Sister Susan.
7) Respect – elders were called sir and mam and were always right.
8) Shoes – black shoes, polished to double up as a mirror. Always black and shiny.
9) Dating – oh, there was no dating.
10) Fun – party games like musical chairs, kho kho. Antaakshari, dum charades, guess the bible character, and the all time popular ‘which page in the NIV is this phrase from’ modern day parties just can’t live up to the fun of those days.
Just tired of it all. Tired of coming in last, playing second fiddle. Tired of not performing. Tired of being ridiculed. Tired of being cast out. I though all of this will change when I accepted Christ. Change it did. Christianity is not about losing your problems. But about finding God holding you in the midst of your problems. But what I seem to miss are the promises. It just seems so hard at times.
It’s easier to fall down and stay in the muck than it is to get up. Getting up alone is pointless. You need someone to lift you out of the dirt. Someone on dry land.
Love is Patient
the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.
an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay: to have patience with a slow learner.
quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence: to work with patience.
“Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow – that is patience.” – Author Unknown.
Ever heard of that? A doubting God? Yeah, pretty much like a generous God, Righteous God and Loving God.
Have we? I guessed as much.
There are doubting Thomas’ and doubting Oscar’s. But make no mistake about it, there isn’t a doubting God. Numbers 23:19“God is not a man, that He should lie,
Nor a son of man, that He should repent;
Has He said, and will He not do it?
Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good”
to fall in love with the world. So easy to want things that the world tells you is nice and wonderful!
“Here, taste this. It’s good.” Sounds familiar? Try again now.
“Go for it.It’s a good movie; that place has awesome food; you should totally ask her out, she is perfect for you or you both look so cute; it’s a date oscar, not adultery; white lie ; what’s a signal ; your parents don’t matter, this is your decision anyway!; i need a little bit of ME time; so what if it isn’t Christian music? ; ah I can handle it.”
All coming out of the world’s nudge to take a peek, have a bite. It won’t hurt! Don’t flirt with the world. Yes, you can say Praise Ye the Lord and be dying to hold her hand. There is no such thing as harmless flirting. God saw that Adam was alone and HE(if the bold stressed word that signifies God’s sovereignty isn’t enough for you) decided that it was TIME for a helper to show up. And that is when Eve came into the picture. How do you know if you are working in His Will or not? Well if you say the word “I” too many times in your dictionary then replace it with “C”. I must bend to become “C”. (read Galatians 2:15-21)
Adam was doing what the Lord expected him to do. But you may say,’I am seeking first the Kingdom! Why am I not getting answers?”
Well my friend you forget that it says in Matthew 6:33 “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS and all these things shall be added unto you.”
Are you seeking His right will in every thing you do? This new year, get right with God in the Beginning so that it will go down well with you.
I’m going to have to make some difficult changes and decisions.
But keeping in mind His Will, it’s a small price to pay.