Got thrown out of a coffee cafe tonite for opening the Bible and preaching the Word of God to my friend. Apparently according to one customer “believers can’t preach in CCD”. I don’t know who he is, or what he wanted. And lets not get into the “how dare he”. Lets pray.
We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. For we who live are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.
Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,—2 Timothy 3:12
Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name.—1 Peter 4:12-14, 16
for as it is written in
35Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36Just as it is written,
FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE BEING PUT TO DEATH ALL DAY LONG;
WE WERE CONSIDERED AS SHEEP TO BE SLAUGHTERED.”
37But in all these things we overwhelmingly )conquer through Him who loved us.
38For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
39nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
I ride to work everyday, even when I dont have work I am usually on the bike. I can safely say that Indian roads are to be experienced and learned.
Breaking a traffic signal is of no value today. It only costs 100 Rs to get away. Lesser if you want to bribe the official.Trust me, the only time you will NOT consider breaking it , is if you seen cops right in front of you or you have seen too many cops on that particular day to keep you alert.
Im not saying that I dont ever break signals. But I dont do it anymore. And if you catch me doing it, slap me.
I’ve noticed this. If everyone else is breaking the signal you will too even if you aren’t a regular at it.It is very easy to go with the flow. “Why are you doing it? I dont know. Because everyone else is.” For some it doesnt even matter if there are cops, they run away.
Its very difficult to stop at the signal when everyone else is breaking it. Even more to do so before the white line which is drawn before the zebra crossing.
But when you DO stop, you’ll witness a miracle. Don’t bother about the fool honking behind you to get you to break the signal. Wait for the signal to turn green. Suddenly you will see motorists stop too. Why? Cuz one of them saw you do it. And then everyone starts to stop for the signal.
My point is this- If a normal action of following normal logical laws can influence others to do the same, HOW MUCH MORE when you start living for Jesus Christ. How much more when you show Jesus in your life. Dont break God’s laws. Be an example to others.
So are you ready to make a difference today? Start with a smile.
I’ve been so overwhelmed by the Love of God for a couple of weeks now. It seems as it never gets over. Like it never stops, never tired and never runs dry. I rememberd this poem by Elizabeth Browning- How do I love thee, and it reminded me of God’s love.
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and Ideal Grace.
This is mine…..
How did you love me? Can we ever count your ways?
You love me with an everlasting Love,
A love that can neither count nor stay
My soul cried Above
And God sent his only Begotten Son,
So that whosoever shall believe in him shall not Die
But have eternal life.
It’s not much, but it came to me so…
I didnt want it to seem as if I copied it so thats why I credited Browning in here.
I Love you Dada….
Hey everyone. Just another update.
Work is going on good.I finished editing video for 31st May. The VCD’s should be out on this coming sunday.
My walk with God is getting strengthened. If not anything else, I’m getting bolder day by day. Sometimes I fall and guilt takes over, but according to the Word, Guilt is never from GOD.
God’s been helping me understand what unconditional love really means.I know I can never fully understand it. But I have a tinsy little idea. I cant do anything to to get God to Love me more. And I cant do anything that will make Him to love me less.
But I need to get better in my walk with God. Need to pray and read so much more. The world is such a hopeless place without Jesus.I see beggars and the poorest of people everyday. Today a lady came by the office and she asked for some food. Usually one does see people begging, but this lady was different. She was an old woman,frail and helpeless. I dont know if you will understand what I’m saying here, but be with me here or atleast try to.
When I saw into her eyes I saw a broken life,fear and hopelessness. I saw pain and anger. But more than anything else she was hopeless for her situation.
The world tells me that I’m supossed to help the poor in whatever way I can.Compassion for their situation is good. But what about their soul? Who cares about their eternal life? They call us ‘fanatics’ and ‘narrowminded’ when we give them the Gospel. The Bible tells me in Rom that the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
So tell me what am I doing wrong when I tell them that they dont have to live a life without hope. That poverty,sickness,fear has been nailed to the Cross. That their life is meaningful because God died for them. That the living God who created the Earth and the Heavens cares for that old woman. That the people living on Earth dont have to enter a Godless eternity.
I’d rather be a fool to everyone else by preaching the Gospel than be called wise in the World. I’m not Ashamed of the Gospel. I owe it to the people around me. What about you?
The past two weeks has turned me into an insomniac. I couldn’t do with just 4 hours of sleep anymore and my subconscious decided to teach me lesson. You see, Mommy dearest tried waking me up as usual(which means pour lots of water on my face if I didnt wake up to my alarm) on Wednesday and allegedly( yes I’m using that word) I told her that I didn’t have a first lecture. Possible? I think so. As far as I know I remember a voice telling me, ” No. Sleep. You don’t have to go. You can sleep as much as you want today.” Mom refuses to believe me. My body clock got back to normalcy after Wednesday. I woke up today morning(Thursday), rode to Andheri Station. Took an empty train, watched the sun rise on my way to college and walked on the beach followed by a good breakfast. Today was aweful.
If I could, I would strangle that voice. I don’t have good attendance. Well I do. Just dont want to get in trouble thats all. Stupid subconsciousness.
However on Wednesday, MuMu’s Grandma passed away. Went for the funeral. Was not surprised to see the family (only Mumu’s viz ‘The Trinidade family’) not cry and do the normal things one would expect. They were calm, composed and infact happy . All of which would not have been possible had Aunty Trinidade not lived a life committed to Christ. Uncle Savio Trinidade preached the Gospel, twice…er or four times. Can’t remember. He’s on a war path.
Exams start in less than a month. Hmmm. please keep me in prayers.
Things to do before the 22nd of my 21st.
1. Find out how many people find “hugs for no reason” as inappropriate. Not many.
2. Learn to ride a scooty. This one is invalid.
3. Grow a full beard.
4. Wear a pink shirt, to show the people that I can change. Done. Dec 31st.
5. Get Christine to hold a cockroach.
6. Get eben to stand in front of Christine Holding a
7. To learn the Bass Guitar and start playing
in Church for the LORD. Jan 4th
8. To master the Acoustic and to sing along in the right
pitch. And start playing For the LORD.
9. To get my breakthrough. Done
10. To get my own laptop/ SLR Camera.
11. To write a script for an ad. Wrote two.
12. To come up with our Church’s Logo.
13. To get two laptop teams for Church
14. To get Bavan married.
15. To get Chris(my brother) to grow his hair.
16. To work my way up in the Kingdom.
17. To improve on my literary skills.
18. See if I still like Zombie Girl and whether God has
answered me. Conclusion:I dont like her anymore.
19. Start my own House Church.
20. Get min100 crowns from the Lord.
21. Buy a gift for Mom and Dad on their Anniversary.
22. Try and Drift in my Car. Done.
23. Give a huge offering to the Lord.
24. Buy something for all my friends.
25. Visit Assam and Delhi and also Sikkim.
26.Make another list for the 22nd of my 22nd.
(will add some later)
In the year 2004 I passed my 10th and as I entered FYJC, like all protective mothers, mine decided that the time had come for me to have a mobile phone. Continue reading “Will the real Ashok Gaitunde please stand up?”
When I left for Dhule I had no idea what was waiting for us there. Infact none of us did. Continue reading “From Dhule and now the story.”
Im back from mallu land & I ve got great oscar stories!
- I drove in Kerala and I got scared at the way mallu’s drive there. Now one can imagine the magnitude of craziness here! I mean imagine! I got scared. So I drove for like an hour after I got down from the train and also a couple of other times while house visiting.
- Gujju Businessmen have reached Kerala. I kid thee not
- Kerala is weirder than usual. All the cows have disappeared. Well at least the ones I knew of. Rice and paddy is completely in a mess thanks to the untimely rain and no care from the commies.]
- My relatives were happy to see me. But a lot of them almost died of shock when they saw the hair. A few parted it to this side and that, declared that I looked better with combed hair. I refused to listen and went back to good old messy hair. Only my moms sister who is the 2nd youngest liked my hair.Oh and also all my sisters.
- My relatives were also very shocked to hear that I’m studying B.A in English Literature and plan to work after the third year. One even mustered up the courage to ask “why not engineering” to which said I. ” well I just didn’t want to give the others more competition than there already is”. That kinda shut him up.
- My Dad’s sister started introducing me as the future Pastor. Really embarrassing situation cuz they kept praising me for a lot of things that I thought was over done.
- I got persecuted for my faith. e.g One grandma mockingly asked If I’ve healed,prophesied and spoken in Tongues? In faith I declared that yes I have all the nine gifts. She looked scared more than angry after that.
- People don’t like it if you’ve become a believer, especially your close relatives. In fact they are scared of you! Why? I don’t know.
- Every where I went I had different opinions about my health some said that I was looking tired, no wait a lot of them said that. Only 2 people agreed that I was overweight and needed to thin down.
- Its amazing to see how people bargain for their sons and daughters.Very superficial values.( Read= Dowry)according to my dad its cuz I don’t have a sister and hence I don’t know the troubles of getting a girl married.
- Therefore a mallu marriage for me IS OUT OF THE QUESTION!
- Since we are on that topic I should mention that for a brief amount of time say 8-10 hours I liked a mallu girl with ankle length hair and braces. Now if you think your horrified at that choice you should wait. She also likes Mahesh Bhatt movies, adores Himmesh Reshamiya,Emraan Hashmi and a couple of other no good actors you can use as fill in. Yes I was shocked too. But for some weird( very very very) reason I found her cute. Snapped out of it soon enough as I thought of the person back home.Shes an ok person though.
- Religion scores a lot here. People go to end number of tricks to describe their religiosity. Too bad it cant get them into heaven.
- Also every 3 K Ms was a pentecostal church. Honestly if pentecostal churches are found so densely in Kerala, things and people would have changed. So where is the problem?
- Politics are crazy here. When I reached Kerala the following situation bowled out of proportion
Press Release:A girl’s laptop was stolen in a Catholic College. She filed a complaint. The Priest abused her and didn’t help. She committed suicide!Sounds too stupid to be true? Exactly.
So what did the party do? They rioted of course destroyed lakhs in damage and demaned that the priest resign(after thrashing up their car).
The real story: Girls laptop gets stolen, she calls up her dad(in gulf) and says I have to talk about two things. 1. My laptop is stolen. ( dad says its ok we’ll buy another one) 2. Something I cant talk about.
She hangs up and commits suicide in her home the next day to the shock of her parents.
If only these politicians were scriptwriters or copywriters! Also Had rasta roko on my way to the railway station. There is a hartal once a week and no one bothers to do anything with it.
- Oh and everyone knows about Avial(the band) here. Duh!
- One of my sisters has accepted the Lord and wants to get baptized and move out of the Catholic Church.
So thats about it from me about my Trip from Kerala.
God has spoken to me about somethings that I will write about later as I pray and dwell on it a bit more.