1) Wear appropriate clothes. You know – Pant, Shirt, Tie, etc. Pant held firmly by a black leather belt above the navel.
2) Sing better – reverent worship and in tune.
3) Fellowship – plenty of meeting and talking about the Bible and why Song of Solomon shouldn’t be a part of it.
4) Prayer – longer and more meaningful ie more bigger words and in shakespeare like English – which was pleasing unto God.
5) Better spirit filled times – everyone fell and spoke in tongues or learned malyalam from listening to the others.
6) Relationship with the opposite sex – boys treated girls like sisters. No hugging or kissing on the cheek, one arm distance at all times.
Brother Jack married Sister Susan.
7) Respect – elders were called sir and mam and were always right.
8) Shoes – black shoes, polished to double up as a mirror. Always black and shiny.
9) Dating – oh, there was no dating.
10) Fun – party games like musical chairs, kho kho. Antaakshari, dum charades, guess the bible character, and the all time popular ‘which page in the NIV is this phrase from’ modern day parties just can’t live up to the fun of those days.
Got thrown out of a coffee cafe tonite for opening the Bible and preaching the Word of God to my friend. Apparently according to one customer “believers can’t preach in CCD”. I don’t know who he is, or what he wanted. And lets not get into the “how dare he”. Lets pray.
We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. For we who live are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh.
Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,—2 Timothy 3:12
Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name.—1 Peter 4:12-14, 16
for as it is written in
35Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36Just as it is written,
FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE BEING PUT TO DEATH ALL DAY LONG;
WE WERE CONSIDERED AS SHEEP TO BE SLAUGHTERED.”
37But in all these things we overwhelmingly )conquer through Him who loved us.
38For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
39nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
When the going gets down,
only God can lift you up.
you think you can do it?
oh,you’d only get stuck
between Lucy baby
and the deep blue sea
-1st to 28th Sept 09
I ride to work everyday, even when I dont have work I am usually on the bike. I can safely say that Indian roads are to be experienced and learned.
Breaking a traffic signal is of no value today. It only costs 100 Rs to get away. Lesser if you want to bribe the official.Trust me, the only time you will NOT consider breaking it , is if you seen cops right in front of you or you have seen too many cops on that particular day to keep you alert.
Im not saying that I dont ever break signals. But I dont do it anymore. And if you catch me doing it, slap me.
I’ve noticed this. If everyone else is breaking the signal you will too even if you aren’t a regular at it.It is very easy to go with the flow. “Why are you doing it? I dont know. Because everyone else is.” For some it doesnt even matter if there are cops, they run away.
Its very difficult to stop at the signal when everyone else is breaking it. Even more to do so before the white line which is drawn before the zebra crossing.
But when you DO stop, you’ll witness a miracle. Don’t bother about the fool honking behind you to get you to break the signal. Wait for the signal to turn green. Suddenly you will see motorists stop too. Why? Cuz one of them saw you do it. And then everyone starts to stop for the signal.
My point is this- If a normal action of following normal logical laws can influence others to do the same, HOW MUCH MORE when you start living for Jesus Christ. How much more when you show Jesus in your life. Dont break God’s laws. Be an example to others.
So are you ready to make a difference today? Start with a smile.
I’m going to Dhule today with Pastor Vijay and Shannon. We’re gonna be driving down there in his car. I’m really excited to serve !!! I hope I can fulfill my purpose there.
Oh and in the meantime here is an encouraging post…. go read it , abhi isi wakt!! – We’re UNSTOPPABLE!
A classic example of how the Kingdom of God progresses at one soul at a time.
– Levite King.
Wishing all of you a wonderful Christmas , hope the love of Christ meets all of you and have a wonderfull new year.
I’ll be spending my holidays with my family, my cousins from Sharjah are coming down. Its going to be fun. Ta TA everyone. Take care and God Bless you.